USA Work Visa - The H-1B Visa
A foreign national working temporarily in the U.S. will require a non-immigrant visa class H1B. Instead of applying himself/herself, the prospective employer must apply on his/her behalf. A successful applicant may then stay for a period of up to 3 years. He/She may then apply to extend, but generally the total period of stay cannot be more than 6 years.
Eligibility for USA Work Visa Application
Specialty Occupation and Job Requirements for an USA Work Visa
- The occupation must require theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge. Also, it needs a bachelor’s (or higher) degree in that specialty as a minimum prerequisite to enter into that occupation in the U.S.
- The position to be filled must normally require a bachelor’s (or higher) degree as a minimum entry requirement.
- The degree requirement is common for similar positions among similar organizations in the industry.
- The employer normally requires a degree for the position.
- The nature, specialty and complexity of the job required that it normally be performed by someone with a bachelor’s (or higher) degree.
Applicant’s Qualification Requirements
The applicant must possess one of these qualifications :
- A U.S. bachelor’s (or higher) degree as required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.
- A foreign degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s (or higher) degree as required by the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.
- An unrestricted state licence, registration or certificate that authorizes the full practice of the specialty occupation and the immediate engagement in that specialty for employment.
- Education, specialized training and/or progressively responsible experience that is equivalent to the completion of a U.S. bachelor’s (or higher) degree in the specialty occupation, and recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.
This is based on latest information published by relevant authorities at the time of posting. FastLane HR will not be responsible for any loss or damages incurred as a result of any inaccuracy of such information.
Date: July 2022